Because it’s my first time going to the Dev Summit, I decided to create a routing app to get me there. I used ESRI’s route task services for testing purposes, and it seems to work fine. I don’t know how much they’ll like me hitting such a costly service so much, but since I have my own service to test against, I’ll keep it up until they tell me to take it down.
I managed to squeeze in a few features into the routing map, including geocoding, geolocation, route step selection, and creating a printer-friendly version of the map and directions. I’ve learned that my CSS skills could use a bit of work. But, at least I didn’t pull off a Geocities knock-off.