After a bit of a hiatus, I’ve tackled a few issues on Map Services Enhanced, a Chrome extension that makes working with ArcGIS Server REST endpoints much easier. I’ve released v. 1.2.1 to the Chrome Web Store. If you’re interested in finding out what it does, then check out this previous article. The list of recent improvements are as follows:
- Layout improved for smaller screens
- URL Shortener that displays above search popup. This feature presents a shorter copy of a query url, with empty and default query parameters removed. The URL Shortener includes a Copy to Clipboard button.
- For the Query Helper, clicking on the Select All, Select All but Geometry, and Get Count Only buttons trigger a GET or POST request automatically. Configure the nature of the request, or disable the requests all together in the options section.
- You can assign a default where clause that displays when viewing query pages. You can configure the value in options page. The default where clause will be assigned only if the blank is otherwise empty.
Planned improvements over the next few weeks include:
- Map Viewer when you hover over map service links
- Improvements to Query Helper
- Implementing a Find Helper and an Identify Helper
Remember, you can submit issues and requests through both the Chrome Web Store, or on the Github issues page for Map Services Enhanced. I’m also attending the ESRI Developer Summit March 6th through 9th, where I have the opportunity to talk about this tool. I hope to see you there.